Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Honey Quinoa Flax Granola

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Honey Quinoa Flax Granola Empty
PostSubject: Honey Quinoa Flax Granola   Honey Quinoa Flax Granola EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:55 am

http://www.fatgirltrappedinaskinnybody.com/2011/11/honey-quinoa-flax-granola/

I used yet another flavor of Honey Ridge Farms honey for my granola. Wow, delicious! Listen, I’m not going to sit here and promote products I don’t REALLY love. Yes, I love honey, in general. But this creme honey, I want to bathe in it. All of the flavors are simply divine! If someone gave me a gift this year of Honey Ridge Farm honey, or any of their products for that matter, I’d be pumped.
*No, they did not tell me to say this, it’s 100% my own words and thoughts.

Makes about 3 cups worth
Time: 1 hour

Ingredients
1 3/4 cups old fashioned oats
3/4 cup rice cereal (like rice krsipies)
3/4 cup cooked quinoa
2/3 cup applesauce (sweetened, unsweetened, cinnamon, whatever flavor you want)
1/4 cup cranberry creme honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp flax seeds
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or any other nut you like)
1 cup dried cranberries

Directions
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.

Mix the applesauce, honey, vanilla, salt, and spices in a bowl. Mix the oats, rice cereal, quinoa and flax seeds in another bowl. Dump the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until all of the dry ingredients are covered.

Dump and spread evenly onto the lined baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes, then sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top of the granola. Bake for another 20 – 30 minutes.

At this point check the granola and see if the edges are turning brown. If they are, the granola is done. It will get firmer as it cools.

I like my granola REALLY crispy, so once the edges brown, I mix up the pan of granola and continue baking another 5 or 10 minutes. THEN I let it cool. It’s up to you and just HOW crunchy you like your granola.

Add the dried cranberries to the granola after you take it out of the oven and let it cool for a bit.

Store in an airtight container (mason jar, ziplock bag, whatever works) for up to 2 weeks.
*It might last longer then 2 weeks, but mine was eaten by then, so I don’t know it’s REAL expiration date.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1