Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quinoa Protein Bars

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Quinoa Protein Bars Empty
PostSubject: Quinoa Protein Bars   Quinoa Protein Bars EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 4:09 pm

http://skinnyms.com/quinoa-protein-bars/

Yields: 6 bars | serving size: 1 bar | Calories: 376 | Total Fat: 13 g | Saturated Fats: 3 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg |Sodium: 3 mg | Carbohydrates: 63 g | Dietary fiber: 10 g | Sugars: 33 g | Protein: 14 g

Ingredients

1/3 cup quinoa, pre-rinsed
2/3 cup water
16 whole (pitted) dates, no sugar added
1/2 cup raw almonds with skin
1/3 cup natural crunchy peanut butter (almond butter is an option) or try SunButter, its peanut & gluten free
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, Enjoy Life brand is gluten free
1 tablespoon honey (optional)

Directions

NOTE: The fats in our Quinoa Protein Bars are healthy fats primarily from the almonds. The calories are mostly from the dates, which is one of nature's sweetest foods. You will find only natural, unrefined sugars in this recipe which contains 4 SUPERFOODS--Quinoa, dates, almonds and dark chocolate.

ABOUT CALORIES: If you want to cut calories by half, simply make the bars into 12 -1" balls and drizzle with chocolate. Only one for half the calories!

Add quino and water to a small sauce, cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook approximately 15 minutes or until all water has been absorbed. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate at least 2 hours...overnight will work.

Using a food processor, add dates and pulse until they form a ball. Remove dates and place in a medium mixing bowl. Add almonds to the food processor and pulse until finely minced. Be careful not to turn the almonds into mill. Add dates, almonds, peanut butter and cold quinoa to the food processor and pulse until ingredients are well combined. Return ingredients to the mixing bowl, shape into 6 - 2" x 1" bars, about 1" thickness. Place on a dish, refrigerate until chocolate is melted.

In a small saucepan, add chocolate chips and honey...melt over low heat or in a double-boiler. Evenly spread chocolate over the top of each protein bar, return to the refrigerator and allow chocolate to harden. Bars can be stored in an airtight container for several days.

Note: Quinoa Protein Bars are gluten free.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Quinoa Protein Bars
Page 1 of 1