Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Peanut butter, banana and dark chocolate bites

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Peanut butter, banana and dark chocolate bites Empty
PostSubject: Peanut butter, banana and dark chocolate bites   Peanut butter, banana and dark chocolate bites EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:49 pm

http://eatgood4life.blogspot.com/2012/08/peanut-butter-banana-and-dark-chocolate.html

As promised, here is the other sweet treat that saved us while on vacation. The recipe comes from not enough cinnamon so go ahead and check it out!! She has very good pictures.

Still to come, one more favorite though, so stay tuned because you really do not want to miss that one :-). I think that one was my family's favorite!!

Hardly any prep time here, as you can see, and for sure no especial skills needed to put this together!!

This time around I used a peanut butter that I did not like too much, as it was a bit runny and the bananas wouldn't stay on top of it that good. The peanut butter that worked the best was the organic one from Trader Joe's.

Choose a peanut butter that doesn't have too much oil and for sure one that doesn't have hydrogenated oils, trans fats!!

I was thinking that you could actually use Nutella or home made caramel instead of peanut butter in between the bananas, wouldn't that be awesome? Just being a bit more naughty :-)

Well not much to elaborate here so I will leave you with these beauties.

Enjoy!!

Here you can see the first steps of putting the bananas together, rather simple. They don't have to be perfect. Mine actually looked quite messy :-)

On the left picture you can see the bananas right after taking them out of the freezer. Make sure you work quickly when you coat them with the melted chocolate other wise the bananas will became mushy and they will be harder to coat!
I used a couple of forks to help me coat them. No especial equipment needed :-).

After you are done coating them you can keep them in the fridge or the freezer, which ever you prefer. I like them better when kept in the freezer!!

Ingredients: Slightly adapted from Not enough cinnamon
Yields 18 pieces

3 medium bananas, ripe and sliced
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (give or take)
1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (give or take)

Slice bananas and place on a tray. Spoon about 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter on top of each banana slice. Place another banana slice over the peanut butter and sandwich together. Freeze until firm, about 2-3 hours.

On a double boiler, melt dark chocolate chips. Place banana pieces in the melted chocolate, one by one, until covered in chocolate all around (I used a couple of forks for this step). Place the bananas back in the tray and let them stand until set.

This will not take long, as the bananas are frozen and this will help set the chocolate rather quickly!

Try to work quickly when coating the banana pieces though otherwise they will become mushy and harder to coat with the chocolate.

Keep banana bites in the freezer or fridge. I prefer them right out of the freezer but it is totally up to you :-) They are good. both ways.

Nutrition facts calculated based on the recipe yielding 9 servings. 1 serving = 2 pieces
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1