Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tomato Tarts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Tomato Tarts Empty
PostSubject: Tomato Tarts   Tomato Tarts EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:23 pm

http://www.midwestliving.com/recipe/vegetables/fresh-tomato-tart
Makes: 8 servings
Yield: 8 appetizer or 4 main-dish servings
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 25 mins at 450oF /375 degree F
Stand: 5 mins

Ingredients

1/2 15 ounce folded refrigerated unbaked piecrust (1 crust)
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
4 roma or small regular tomatoes
3/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
Fresh basil leaves (optional)

Directions

1. Unfold the piecrust according to package directions. Line a 9-inch tart pan with pastry (it's easier to remove the baked tart if pan has a removable bottom). Press the pastry into the fluted sides of the tart pan and trim the edges. Don't prick. Partially bake in a 450 degree F oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until pastry is slightly dry.
  2. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degree F.
  3. Meanwhile, cut the tomatoes into wedges; drain the wedges on paper towels. Arrange the tomato wedges over the melted cheese in a baked crust.
  4. In a food processor bowl, combine basil and garlic; cover and process with on-off turns until coarsely chopped. Or snip the basil and mince the garlic.
  5. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the basil-garlic mixture, the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese, the mayonnaise, the grated Parmesan cheese, and pepper. Spread the mixture evenly over tomato wedges.
  6. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for about 25 minutes or until cheese is golden. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve warm. If you like, garnish with additional basil leaves. Makes 8 appetizer or 4 main-dish servings.

Nutrition Facts
Cholesterol (mg) 30, Sodium (mg) 343, Carbohydrate (gm) 15, Fat, total (gm) 23, Calories (kcal) 297
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Tomato Tarts
Page 1 of 1