Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bridal Shower/ Hen Party Game

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Bridal Shower/ Hen Party Game Empty
PostSubject: Bridal Shower/ Hen Party Game   Bridal Shower/ Hen Party Game EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:08 pm

http://www.penelopeandpip.com/diy-project-15-bride-to-be-bangle-game/

DIY Project #15: Bride to Be Bangle Game

My best friend is getting married soon and as her bridesmaid I wanted to do something super special for her on her Hen’s night.

Where I live you often see a gaggle of girls out on the town on Saturday night with an embarrassed Bride-To-Be in tow wearing a giant veil or a big sash announcing her soon to be wed status on it. I knew my super stylish friend would rather die than be seen wearing tulle in public, so I had to think of a way to get her to wear something for the night to make her feel special, but also feel comfortable.

Enter the Bride-To-Be Bangle Game!

This game is a great ice-breaker, conversation starter, celebration of the Hen’s relationship and also makes a gorgeous keepsake for the night – perfect for a chic bride to be.

You could also adapt this game for a baby shower or a birthday.

For rules of the game and how to play, see Step 06 below.

Firstly, the materials:

MATERIALS // CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR OUR FREE GAME CARD TEMPLATE

Pen
Scissors
Assorted ribbons in colours the Bride-T-Be loves
Hole puncher (mine has a cute heart shape too!)
Game cards (please read our TOU when you download them)
Wooden bangle blank (I used this one which you can get from Spotlight if you live in Australia)

In just a few steps you’ll have a super cute game to play that will have all your guests laughing for hours and your Hen looking her usual stylish self too:

Step 1

STEP 01 // PRINT & CUT OUT THE GAME CARDS

I made the cards 4 x 6″ to make it easy to print them directly onto matte photo paper.

It would also be quicker to cut them all together with a guillotine.

STEP 02 // HOLE PUNCH YOUR CARDS

I have a super cute hole puncher in the shape of a heart, but you could use a round one no worries. I only punched two holes so on one side the heart could be seen.

step 3

STEP 03 // WRITE ON YOUR CARDS

This is the fun part! There are four different categories of cards, so here are some examples of what I wrote:

Truth: What is the groom’s most annoying habit?
Love: When was the first time you kissed the groom?
Memory: What is your favourite holiday memory together?
Dare: Kiss the nearest boy

You get the idea! You can make them as kind and gooey as you like or a bit cheeky if your Bride-To-Be has a good sense of humour.

Step 4

STEP 04 // ATTACH RIBBONS

Loop your ribbons through the hole you made on each card. Tie a very light knot so they don’t fall out, but so they are still easy to take off during the night.

You’re almost done!

STEP 05 // WRITE A MESSAGE ON YOUR BANGLE

I wrote “Bride To Be” and drew some love hearts.

This will be covered up once the ribbons go on, but it is fun to remind the bride she’s about to get married and celebrating that is the whole point of the night!

How to play

STEP 06 // HOW TO PLAY

Give each guest a couple of cards to give back to the bride over the course of the night
Give the bride the bangle to wear
As the evening progresses, guests can decide when to give their card to the bride
The bride has to do the challenge on the card
Once she has completed a challenge, she takes off the ribbon from the card and wraps it around her bracelet

how to play

Keep playing over the course of the evening and soon your Bride-To-Be will have a beautiful bracelet to remember her special night.

[And guests will know a whole lot more about the groom too!]
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Bridal Shower/ Hen Party Game
Page 1 of 1