Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Parmesan Quinoa Bites

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Parmesan Quinoa Bites Empty
PostSubject: Parmesan Quinoa Bites   Parmesan Quinoa Bites EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:24 am

http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2012/08/parmesan-quinoa-bites.html

Parmesan Quinoa Bites

(adapted from this recipe)

2 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa (instead of preparing quinoa with water like the package suggests, use chicken broth. so much tastier!)
3 large eggs
3 stalks of green onion, sliced thin
1 cup grated carrots
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
3/4 cup parmesan cheese, plus extra to sprinkle on top
3 Tbsp rice flour (or regular flour if you’re not GF)
1/4 tsp salt (more if you use water to make your quinoa. otherwise, the chicken broth adds enough salt.)
1/4 tsp pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 (fahrenheit).

Combine all of your ingredients in a large bowl (except for the extra parmesan for the top of each bite) and mix well. Spray your muffin tins entirely with cooking spray (don’t skimp on the spray or your bites will stick). Scoop out enough mixture to fill your standard muffin tins 3/4 full. Press down firmly with your fingers or the back of a spoon. Sprinkle more parmesan cheese on top of each muffin tin portion. Bake in over for 20-30 minutes. Ready when slightly browned on top and a fairly browned crust on bottom and sides has formed. (The charm of these bites is the nice and crispy, almost chewy, crust around all the edges. The cheese melts and bakes into the sides….and oh my, it’s heavenly. So don’t remove too early…..but you don’t want them burnt and dried out either. So watch them carefully!)

Pop out of muffin tins and allow to cool slightly. Dip bites into your favorite dressing and enjoy!
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Parmesan Quinoa Bites
Page 1 of 1