Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Quick Bread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Quick Bread Empty
PostSubject: Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Quick Bread   Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Quick Bread EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:34 pm

http://www.sunset.com/food-wine/holidays-occasions/quick-bread-in-a-bottle-00400000015937/#

1. In a large bowl, mix the contents of this bottle: 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, and 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips.

2. In a small bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, 2 large eggs, and 1/4 cup melted butter.

3. Stir wet mixture into dry ingredients just until evenly moistened (batter will be lumpy).

4. Scrape into a buttered and floured 9- by 5-inch loaf pan (with a 9-cup capacity), and bake in a 350° oven until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.

Looking for milk bottles?

We used bottles from milk we bought in an independent food market, which is a good source for milk from small, local dairies. If you don't have access to milk sold that way, or you're planning to make many of the bread gifts, you can use quart-size canning jars.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1