Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beefy Bean Soup Mix

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Beefy Bean Soup Mix Empty
PostSubject: Beefy Bean Soup Mix   Beefy Bean Soup Mix EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:22 pm

Beefy Bean Soup Mix

From Delish
Who doesn't love a hearty soup? Give your recipients this ingredient blend to make preparation super-simple- and don't forget to attach the preparation recipe!

Nutritional Information
(per serving)
Calories 248
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 3g
Cholesterol 22mg
Sodium 684mg
Total Carbohydrate 31g
Dietary Fiber 10g
Sugars --
Protein 16g
Calcium --

Ingredients

Jar Ingredients:

1/2 cup(s) elbow macaroni
1 cup(s) green split peas
1 cup(s) lentils (any kind)
1 cup(s) pearl barley
1/2 cup(s) dried onion flakes
2 teaspoon(s) celery flakes
2 tablespoon(s) dried parsley
1 teaspoon(s) ground pepper

Soup Ingredients:

1 pound(s) ground beef
12 cup(s) (3 quarts) beef broth

Directions

Mix Directions: Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart, wide-mouth canning jar. Place the macaroni in a plastic sandwich bag.
Layer the ingredients as level as possible in this order: split peas, lentils, pearl barley, onion flakes, celery flakes, parsley, pepper and bagged macaroni.
Secure the lid and decorate the jar as desired. Be sure to attach the recipe for making the soup!
Soup directions: Coat a large pot or Dutch oven with cooking spray and warm over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, stirring constantly, about 4 minutes, or until no pink remains. Drain off excess fat.
Add broth and all of the jar ingredients (except the bag of macaroni) to the pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add macaroni and continue to simmer another 10 minutes, or until peas are tender and macaroni is cooked. Serve hot. Refrigerate any leftover soup in an airtight container for up to a week.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Beefy Bean Soup Mix
Page 1 of 1