Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spring Lamb and Vegetable Stew

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Spring Lamb and Vegetable Stew Empty
PostSubject: Spring Lamb and Vegetable Stew   Spring Lamb and Vegetable Stew EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:14 pm

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/quick-spring-lamb-stew-00000000012406/index.html
Quick Spring Lamb and Vegetable Stew

Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 15m| Total Time: 30m
Ingredients

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 pounds lamb steaks (top round or shoulder), bones removed and meat cut into 2-inch pieces
kosher salt and black pepper
4 carrots, cut into 3-inch sticks
1 onion, sliced
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
4 ounces green beans, cut into small pieces (about 1 cup)
1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped

Directions

Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Season the lamb with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, until medium-rare, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a plate.
Add the carrots, onion, and the remaining oil to the pot. Cook until beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Add the wine and scrape up any brown bits.
Add the broth, tomatoes, and beans. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the lamb, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Serve immediately.
To freeze: Cool the stew to room temperature and spoon into a freezer container or bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. To cook, thaw the stew in a bowl of cold water or overnight in the refrigerator. Transfer to a pot and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 10 to 20 minutes.

By Sara Quessenberry , May, 2009
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Spring Lamb and Vegetable Stew
Page 1 of 1