Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Colorful Vegetable Tain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Colorful Vegetable Tain Empty
PostSubject: Colorful Vegetable Tain   Colorful Vegetable Tain EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:32 pm

http://www.kitchenbelleicious.com/2012/08/06/colorful-vegetable-tain/
Colorful Vegetable Tain
By kbelleicious, August 6, 2012, In Veggies
Home » Veggies » Colorful Vegetable Tain
20120712_339

I saw the most incredible picture on the site Tastespotting. It was a deliciously colorful dish of vegetables and nothing but vegetables. It was artistic, it was flavorful and it was easy. If you are like myself, I sometimes tend to go overboard in the produce department during my weekly visit. I think 5 zucchini, 6 squash, 2 eggplants and a bag of peppers is just enough to find my entire family of 3 (the baby doesn’t count yet:) Not only is it always enough but it is always TOO MUCH! I don’t know what I think I am going to do with all these fresh produce, you would think I would learn my lesson but each week I go back for more produce- I AM ADDICTED~

With this produce addiction, I have learned to be very clever with my vegetable creations so as not to spark a “I told you so” comment from my husband each week. This is where the vegetable tain become like a pot of gold. It made me drool, made me jump right out of my seat and head to the kitchen and made me- MADE me- lick my fingers after each bite ( oh come on- you know you lick your fingers when there is something too good to resist on them!) A fork? Who needs a fork?

You can use just about any vegetable under the sun in this dish. There is no mistakes, there is no limits and there is no turning back. You are now responsible to make this vegetable tain since you have read this post. It’s your fault for reading- not mine:) In all seriousness this is the perfect side dish to accommodate an array of picky vegetable eaters from squash to peppers, potatoes, onions, eggplant. There has to be at least one veggie in this tain that your family and or guests will love!

Print
Vegetable Tain

Ingredients

1 large or 2 medium russet potatoes
1 large squash
1 large zucchini
1 large red bell pepper
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 TBSP Spanish thyme
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1 TBSP mustard
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp salt and pepper each
1 TBSP freshly chopped basil or parsley
2-3 TBSP Romano cheese

Instructions

Saute the onion, garlic and red bell peppers in the olive oil for 5-6 minutes until slightly translucent. Place in the bottom of a round casserole dish or tart pan. Sprinkle with romano cheese and the basil.
Slice the potatoes, tomatoes, squash and zucchini in round 1/4 inch thick slices. In a large mixing bowl stir together the mustard, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper,paprika, thyme and oregano. Layer them alternatively in a circular motion on top of the onion mixture. Make sure to fit them in tightly and create a spiral. Bake at 350 covered with foil for 30-40 minutes, remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Colorful Vegetable Tain
Page 1 of 1