Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rib Eye, New Potato, Portebello Kabob

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Rib Eye, New Potato, Portebello Kabob Empty
PostSubject: Rib Eye, New Potato, Portebello Kabob   Rib Eye, New Potato, Portebello Kabob EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:40 am

http://www.ezrapoundcake.com/archives/3991
Rib-Eye, New Potato and Portobello Kebabs with Rosemary

Adapted from Emeril Lagasse’s “Emeril at the Grill”

4 servings

4 new potatoes, such as Red Bliss (about 3 ounces each)
1 large portobello mushroom cap (about 4 ounces)
One 14- to 16-ounce rib-eye steak
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons minced garlic
Four 12-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in warm water for at least 30 minutes

Place the potatoes in a 1-quart saucepan, and add water to cover by 1 inch. Set the pan over high heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat; cook the potatoes at a gentle boil until barely fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, and allow the potatoes to cool. Cut the potatoes in half; set aside.
Remove the stem and gills from the portobello with a sharp knife, and cut the cap into 8 wedges. Place the wedges in a medium bowl.
Cut the steak into 8 equal pieces, and season them with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place the meat in the bowl with the mushrooms. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary and garlic, and stir to coat mushrooms and steak well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Heat a grill to medium-high, and lightly oil the grate.
Remove the bowl from the refrigerator. Skewer a potato, followed by a piece of steak and a mushroom wedge. Add another potato, piece of steak and mushroom wedge. Repeat with remaining skewers. Reserve remaining marinade for basting the skewers as they cook.
Grill the kebabs, basting them as they cook, for about 3 minutes. Turn and cook for another 3 minutes, basting, before turning them over to cook on the first side again. Continue to cook on the first side for 2 to 3 minutes before turning them over and cooking a final 2 to 3 minutes. Season the kebabs with the remaining salt, and serve immediately.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Rib Eye, New Potato, Portebello Kabob
Page 1 of 1