Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Soft Ginger Cookies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Big Soft Ginger Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Big Soft Ginger Cookies   Big Soft Ginger Cookies EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 3:24 pm

http://www.bakedperfection.com/2008/12/big-soft-ginger-cookies.html

Big Soft Ginger Cookies
cookies by Marjorie Gidner, recipe from Allrecipes.com

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup margarine, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup molasses
2 tablespoons white sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Shape dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

=================================================================
As promised, here is the second recipe from the Cookie Exchange I hosted this past weekend. These cookies were made by my friend Marjorie and I can vouch they were more impressive than they look. By appearances alone, they make seem a little boring, but the flavor is exceptional. They have all the sweetness and spice of a traditional gingerbread cookie without the dryness. They really do speak to their name "Big Soft Ginger Cookie. My friend who made these and I were talking earlier this week and think the cookies would also be good with a glaze drizzle. If you go that route it is really only for looks, because the taste is great as is.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Big Soft Ginger Cookies
Page 1 of 1