Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Foil Art

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Foil Art Empty
PostSubject: Foil Art   Foil Art EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 11:51 pm

http://www.piikeastreet.com/2012/04/modern-tin-art/
This project will surely liven up your personal art gallery. Or it could spruce up some bare space you may have in your home.

Modern Tin Art

You’ll be handling permanent pens so be sure to cover your workspace with lots of newspaper. Let’s begin!

Supplies you’ll need:

Cereal box
Yarn
Foil
Tape
Paper
Permanent Pens
Scissors
    Steps:
  1. Cut a square (or rectangle) out from a cereal box. 6” x 6” is a good size to start with. Then randomly cut half inch slits along each side.
  2. Cut about 3 to 4 feet of yarn and feed an end into one of the slits. Wrap the yarn around the square, making sure the yarn gets fed into a slit each time you wrap. Once you’re happy with your pattern, tape each yarn end to the box.
  3. Get a piece of foil a bit larger than your square and trim the corners a little (this will help make the folds look cleaner). Keep the dull side of the foil facing up and center your square on top. Fold the excess foil over the square’s edges. Tape foil down.
  4. Flip it over; sharpen your lines by running your fingers along the yarn.
  5. Flip it again and tape on some paper to cover up the back.
  6. Now you’re ready to color it in. Permanent pens have a strong smell so be sure to take breaks if you plan to make a large piece. And once you’re done coloring, give it some time to dry.

How does it look? I’ll bet your friends and family will think you picked this masterpiece up at the Museum of Modern Art’s gift shop.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Foil Art
Page 1 of 1