Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Death by Chocolate Mousse Pie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Death by Chocolate Mousse Pie Empty
PostSubject: Death by Chocolate Mousse Pie   Death by Chocolate Mousse Pie EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 1:51 am

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/death-by-chocolate-mousse/detail.aspx

Death by Chocolate Mousse

"I make this recipe for the holidays. It is the only pie that is gone at the end of the night. I use high-quality chocolate chips; they are easier to melt. You can use milk or semi sweet chips. You can use any ready made or cooked pie crust." - DEME

Ingredients

Original recipe makes 1 9-inch pie

21 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup heavy cream
1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup white sugar
1 cup heavy cream, chilled
1/4 cup white sugar

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a 9 inch springform pan with 2 3/4 inch sides.
In a medium bowl, mix together crushed cookies and softened butter or margarine. Press mixture evenly into greased pan. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes, then allow to cool.
Combine 1 cup cream, chocolate, vanilla extract, and salt, in the top of a double boiler. Heat until chocolate is fully melted and mixture is smooth. Alternatively, if you have a food processor, you can blend mixture by placing chocolate, vanilla extract, and salt, in processor bowl. Bring 1 cup cream to a boil on stovetop, then slowly pour cream into processor with blade running. Continue to process until mixture is smooth.
Pour chocolate mixture into a bowl and cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
In a large bowl, beat 2 cups chilled cream with 1/4 cup sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Pour mixture into cooled crust.
Chill pie at least 6 hours before serving. Prior to serving, beat remaining 1 cup cream with 1/4 cup sugar. Beat until stiff, then pipe onto top of pie with a star tip, or place a spoonful on top of each slice.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Death by Chocolate Mousse Pie
Page 1 of 1