Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Green Tea Cupcakes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Green Tea Cupcakes Empty
PostSubject: Green Tea Cupcakes   Green Tea Cupcakes EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:38 am

http://www.makedoandfriend.com/2012/07/around-world-in-12-dishes-japan.html
Ingredients:

1/2 cup whole milk
3 green tea bags
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (for sea-level, reduce to 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon)
2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
a scant 3/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder (for sea-level, increase to 1 1/2 teaspoons)
a pinch of salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 egg, at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Recipe:
  1. Put half a cup of milk and 3 green tea bags in a bowl cover, and refrigerate for a few hours to infuse.
  2. Preheat the oven to 350f / 180c
  3. Put the 3/4c plus 2 tablespoons flour, 2 1/2tbsp cocoa powder, 3/4c sugar, 3/4 tsp baking powder, salt, and 3tbsp butter in a mixer and beat on slow speed until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined.
  4. Remove the green tea bags from the milk and strain into the measuring cup.
  5. Combine the milk with 1 egg and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla; whisk until combined.
  6. Slowly pour half the milk/egg/vanilla mixture, beating well until all the ingredients are well mixed. Turn the mixer up to high speed and beat to make sure there are no lumps.
  7. Turn the mixture down to medium-slow and slowly pour in the remaining milk mixture, scraping any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Continue mixing for a couple more minutes until the batter is smooth.
  8. Spoon the batter into paper cases lined in a muffin tin until each case is two-thirds full. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes, or until the cake bounces back when touched. A skewer inserted in the center of a cupcake should come out clean.
Allow to cool completely before icing - either with a bright green frosting or a little icing sugar dissolved in hot water wth tea sprinkles and a flag!
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Green Tea Cupcakes
Page 1 of 1