Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Perfume

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Perfume Empty
PostSubject: Perfume   Perfume EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:30 am

http://www.mnn.com/family/family-activities/stories/diy-perfume
When making perfume as a gift, it’s important to keep in mind the recipient’s tastes and preferences. You’ll want to use a highly fragrant flower to achieve a good scent, so think about which flowers your beloved enjoys. (You might even get a bouquet to make the perfume and save the remaining flowers to give alongside your handmade gift.) Get even greener with this gift and pick the flowers from your own garden. Some options to consider are rose, honeysuckle and lavender.

Basic supplies for making perfume:

1 1/2 cups chopped flowers
Cheesecloth
Medium-size bowl with lid
2 cups distilled water
Small saucepan
Washed and sterilized vanilla extract bottle, or another small colored bottle with a lid or an airtight stopper

Instructions for making perfume:
1. Wash the flower petals. Gently clean off any dirt and sediment with water.

2. Soak the flowers. Put cheesecloth inside a bowl with edges overlapping the bowl. Put the flowers into the cheesecloth-lined bowl and pour the water over them, covering the flowers. Cover the bowl with the lid and let the flowers soak overnight.

3. Heat the flower-scented water. The next day, remove the lid from the bowl and gently bring the four corners of the cheesecloth together, lifting the flower pouch out of the water. Squeeze the pouch over a small saucepan, extracting the flower-scented water. Simmer over low heat until you have about a teaspoon of liquid.

4. Bottle the perfume. Pour the cooled water into the bottle and cap it. The perfume will last for up to a month if stored in a cool, dark place.

You can decorate your bottle, or create a small label for it, or simply leave it as is. This is a simple version of perfume, but there is a wide array of perfume recipes available. You might want to try mixing a perfume with essential oils next, or perhaps even creating your own aftershave — who knows where making this DIY gift will lead?
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Perfume
Page 1 of 1