Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Smoothie Cups

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Smoothie Cups Empty
PostSubject: Smoothie Cups   Smoothie Cups EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 2:27 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Vanilla Blueberry Almond Smoothie Cups ~ Ready to Go Morning Goodness
ll ingredients assembled and goodness sealed into muffin sized cups, they sit in the freezer ready to go. All you have to do is pop two units in the blender, add a little extra liquid when you're ready to enjoy and presto: instant smoothie.

No cutting, chopping or measuring required. No running out to the grocery store (unfit for public viewing) to buy missing ingredients.

A great way to simplify your morning rush hour or enjoy as a snack any time of day. I leave the blender out on the counter and when my sons return home from school they have an easy, accessible and healthy snack that they can pull together in a minute. The boys also enjoy the smoothie cups before soccer and hockey practise - something light and nourishing - and I tend to use them after working out - an ideal way to rehydrate and take in easily digestible nutrients.

This recipe is completely adaptable to taste preferences, dietary requirements and seasonal availability of produce. There's no end to the combinations you can play around with and the fun you can have!

Vanilla Blueberry Almond Smoothie Cups ~ Ready to Go Morning Goodness
(recipe adapted from Alive Magazine)

2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 + 1/2 cups hemp, brown rice, almond or other milk beverage of choice
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup raw almonds
2 tsp natural vanilla essence
2 Tbsp blackstrap molasses, pure maple syrup or honey
10 or so mint leaves

Makes 12 - 16 muffin cups

Directions:

Place all ingredients in a blender and press go.

Divide smoothie liquid among 12 (or more) muffin cups.

For unmoulding, you will find it much easier to use silicone muffin liners. Otherwise, you will likely have to run hot water along the back of the muffin tray, risking melting your creations.

Place muffin tray in the freezer for approximately 4 hours. Unmould smoothie cups, removing the silicone liners, and storing the cups in a freezer bag or other airtight container and returning them to the freezer.

When you're ready to make a smoothie, simply pop two frozen cups in the blender and add about 3/4 cup of milk, coconut water or other liquid of choice. Blend until desired consistency is achieved.

Depending on the power of your blender, you may find it easier to chop the cups up a bit before blending.

Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Smoothie Cups
Page 1 of 1