Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Apple Butter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Number of posts : 2726
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Apple Butter   Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:41 pm

http://skinnyms.com/slow-cooker-apple-butter/
Yields: 4 half pint jars | Serving size: 2 tablespoons | Calories: 62 | Previous Points: 1 | Points Plus: 2 | Total Fat: 0 g | Saturated Fats: 0 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg |Sodium: 56 mg | Carbohydrates: 14 g | Dietary fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 10 g | Protein: 0 g

12 medium apples (4 each of Granny Smith, Gala, Honeycrisp) peeled, cored, cut into 1" cubes
Note: I like to mix the apples with tart Granny Smith & sweet apples like Gala & Honeycrisp. Other sweet apples Golden Delicious, Pink Lady, Red Delicious, Fuji, Ambrosia and Spartan.
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon cloves
Pinch kosher or sea salt
1/4 cup unrefined sweetener, more or less to taste...(recommend sucanat or coconut palm sugar or honey
Directions

Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Add apples to the slow-cooker, pour dry ingredients over and toss to coat. Also, pour in honey and stir, if using. Cover, cook on low 8 - 10 hours...until tender and brown. If you prefer chunky apple butter, leave as is. For a creamier, less chunky, butter, whisk until smooth.

Allow to cool to room temperature, add to 1/2 pint or pint jelly jars, leave about 1" head space at the top to allow for expanding. Cover with lid and freeze or refrigerate.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hydracave.forumotion.com

Apple Butter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1