Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ziplock Omelette

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Ziplock Omelette Empty
PostSubject: Ziplock Omelette   Ziplock Omelette EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:55 am

http://www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com/2012/09/ziplock-omelets.html
You can personalize these to your family's tastes. Here are some mix-in ideas: (Make sure all meats are pre-cooked - you can also pre-cook some of the veggies if you prefer)

Denver omelet: Ham, onion, green pepper, cheese

Farmer omelet: Bacon, ham, mushrooms, green pepper, onion, cheese

My husband's favorite - Chicken Fajita omelet: Chopped chicken, salsa, onion, green pepper, cheese - top with more salsa and sour cream

Garden omelet: Green pepper, onion, mushroom, tomatoes, cheese

Meat Lover's omelet: Bacon, pork sausage, ham, green pepper, onion, cheese

Philly Cheese Steak omelet: Thinly sliced beef, onion, green pepper, cheese whiz or Provolone

Mushroom and Sausage omelet: Pork sausage, mushrooms, cheese

Pizza omelet: Italian sausage, pepperoni, pizza sauce, cheese

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana - I'm just kidding .... I put that to see if you were paying attention and to make you say "ewwww" ..... LOL - However, if you try it, my kids want to know if it was good?! Never mind ... I would not endorse anyone trying it - completely gross!

My personal favorite - Spinach, Tomato, Alfredo omelet: Spinach, tomatoes, Alfredo sauce, cheese

This is more about the method, rather than an absolute recipe. Feel free to mix in things you know your family will enjoy!

Ziplock Omelets
Printable recipe
Yield: as many as you want

Zip-top sandwich bags - 1 bag for each omelet
2 large eggs for each omelet
Desired mix-ins
Additional topping of choice, optional

Bring a large pan of water to a boil. Meanwhile, if necessary, write names on the bags to identify the omelets. Crack eggs into the bag. Add desired mix-ins. Seal bag and squeeze the mixture to mix the ingredients well. Open the bag slightly and reseal bag removing as much air as you can. Using your fingers, squeeze the mixture back to the bottom of the bag. When the water boils, place bags in the water for exactly 13 minutes. (In my soup pot, I can easily boil omelets for my family of 7.) Carefully remove the bags from the water (they will be hot) and open the top of the bag - jiggle the omelet onto a serving plate. It will roll right out! Serve with additional toppings of choice, if desired.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Ziplock Omelette
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Potpourri Americana :: Creative Endeavors :: Recipes :: Brunch-
Jump to: