Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hot Car Crayons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Hot Car Crayons Empty
PostSubject: Hot Car Crayons   Hot Car Crayons EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:14 am

http://www.cometogetherkids.com/2011/07/hot-car-crayons.html

Hot Car Crayons
"Boy, was it hot out today"

"How hot was it?" (the crowd answers in a sing-song voice)

"It was sooo hot, that we were able to make these melted crayon molds... in our CAR!"

Can you believe it? Like so many other parts of the nation, we're in the middle of an incredible heat wave. Our temperatures today here in Maryland hit 103F with a heat index of 117F!!! While I was trying to keep cool inside with the kids, I remembered THIS awesome idea for melted crayons at Our Forever House. (I found it on Pinterest, where else?)

Here's how we did it:

I set my kids to work peeling the wrappers off some crayons (the Crayola ones seem to work best for melting). We broke the peeled crayons up and put similar colors together in this silicone mold.

I put the mold on a cookie sheet and took it out to our van.

I set the tray with the crayon mold on the dashboard, and we went back inside the house to wait.

We came out a few times to check on them...

After about 20 minutes

After about 40 minutes

After about an hour, they were all the way melted. I actually had to use potholders to carry the tray back into the house.

I put the mold in the fridge for a few minutes to speed up the cooling process, then popped our new crayons out. (NOTE: There will still be wax residue on your mold, so you'll want to save it for crafts only from now on! I usually use the dollar store ones for crayon molds, and save my "nicer" ones for food stuff.)

Check back soon to see what we do with them!

{ NOTE: As fun as this little crayon project was, I think it makes it all too clear how incredibly hot the inside of a car can get on a Summer day. Always make sure your children and pets are NEVER left alone in a car. }
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Hot Car Crayons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Potpourri Americana :: Creative Endeavors :: Crafts :: For the Littles-
Jump to: