Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fingerprint Candles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Fingerprint Candles Empty
PostSubject: Fingerprint Candles   Fingerprint Candles EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:03 pm

http://www.cometogetherkids.com/2011/05/mothers-day-fingerprint-candles.html

Mother's Day Fingerprint Candles
A few months ago, the kids drew pictures on tissue paper to make these Artwork Candles. For Mother's Day this year, I wanted to use the same concept to make a gift for the grandmas and great-grandma. This time, we used acrylic paints to make a cute thumbprint/fingerprint picture for our candles.

I was so pleased at how well the acrylic paints worked to make a bright and colorful scene on our candles.

How cute are these for a Mother's Day gift?

Just like the Artwork Candles we made before, these were surprisingly easy to make.

1. Cut a piece of tissue paper slightly smaller than the size of your candle.

2. Put a piece of waxed paper down to protect your work surface (the paint will leak through the tissue). Then dip fingertip in acrylic paint and press on tissue paper to make the flower petals and bumblebee bodies. ( I found it worked best to dip in the paint, press on a piece of scrap paper to remove some of the excess, then press on the tissue paper. )

Making the flower petals.

Adding the yellow centers.

3. Using paint or marker, add additional details to your picture. I also wrote the words " Happy Mother's Day" in the bee's trail, added each child's name next to their flower and added the year.

Painting on the grass.

The girls made the flowers and my son made the bumblebees.

4. Allow your paint to dry, then wrap the tissue paper around the candle.

Wrap the tissue paper around the candle.

5. Get a piece of waxed paper and wrap it on top of your tissue paper design. Use the excess waxed paper as a handle.

Adding the layer of waxed paper.

6. Using a heat embossing gun or hair dryer, blow hot air over your design. As the wax begins to melt, you'll see the white tissue paper start to disappear and your design will look brighter. You may need to move your waxed paper handle so you can apply heat to the whole candle.

Notice how the tissue paper has melted in to the right of the flower.

7. Carefully remove the waxed paper to reveal your decorated candle. You'll see that your artwork has now become part of the candle itself.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Fingerprint Candles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Potpourri Americana :: Creative Endeavors :: Crafts :: For the Littles-
Jump to: