Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

7 Layer Cookies (and 10 layer cookies)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

7 Layer Cookies (and 10 layer cookies) Empty
PostSubject: 7 Layer Cookies (and 10 layer cookies)   7 Layer Cookies (and 10 layer cookies) EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:39 am

http://abloggablelife.typepad.com/inn_cuisine/2010/11/best-of-baking-a-taste-of-new-hampshires-1785-inn-recipe-seven-layer-cookies-how-they-became-10-.html

In all fairness to the 1785 Inn, I'm going to provide their original recipe, then include my tweaks at the end. I didn't necessarily change their recipe (i.e. make substitutions), as much as I added extra ingredients to it. Hence, this is how Seven Layer Cookies become Ten Layer Cookies (and I'm even including a tip for turning these into Eleven Layer Cookies which I think would be divine).

10 Layer Cookies 2

Whichever version you try, it is my sincere hope you enjoy them. And should you find the adventurous baker in you shining through, I encourage you to make your own adaptations as well!

Seven Layer Cookies (& How They Became Ten Layer Cookies)

A "Best of" Inn Cuisine, original recipe courtesy the 1785 Inn as featured in the 13th Annual Holiday Inn to Inn Cookie & Candy Tour presented by the Country Inns in the White Mountains, adapted versions courtesy Inn Cuisine.

Yield: One 13x9-inch pan of layered cookie bars (12-24 cookies, depending on size cut)

Ingredients:

½ cup butter
1 & 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups butterscotch chips
7 ounces flaked coconut
2 cups chopped walnuts
1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk

Directions:

Melt the butter in a saucepan and mix in the crushed graham crackers. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9”x13” pan. Layer in the chocolate chips, layer in the butterscotch chips, layer in the coconut, layer in the walnuts, and cover with the condensed milk. Bake at 350oF for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Cool and cut into squares.

To Make As Ten Layer Cookies
As pictured with this post

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1 & 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup dark chocolate baking chips
1 cup butterscotch baking chips
1 cup Heath Milk Chocolate English Toffee baking chips
7 ounces sweetened angel-flake coconut
2 cups chopped walnuts
7 ounces canned Dulce de Leche
7 ounces sweetened condensed milk

Directions:

Melt butter in a saucepan and mix in the crushed graham crackers. Press the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13"x9" pan. Layer in the semisweet chocolate chips, layer in the dark chocolate baking chips, layer in the butterscotch baking chips, layer in the Heath Milk Chocolate English Toffee bits, layer in the flaked coconut, and layer in the chopped walnuts. In a small bowl, mix 7 ounces EACH (14 ounces in total) canned Dulce de Leche and sweetened condensed milk (warm in the microwave for a few seconds if necessary to blend and make pourable). Pour mixture evenly over layered ingredients. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 25-30 minutes. Cool in pan and cut into squares. Serve at room temperature.

Note: like many prepared dishes, I found these cookies to taste even better the day after they were baked. Also, if you're interested in turning Ten Layer Cookies into Eleven Layer Cookies, consider adding a layer of miniature marshmallow as well (1 cup).
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

7 Layer Cookies (and 10 layer cookies)
Page 1 of 1