Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Color Sheet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Color Sheet Empty
PostSubject: Color Sheet   Color Sheet EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 3:08 am

http://www.babysavers.com/2012/08/16/diy-how-to-make-your-own-shout-color-catching-laundry-sheets.html
Making your own Shout Color Catchers is actually a very simple DIY project with just one piece of fabric, water and one ingredient!
How to make Shout Color Catching Laundry Sheets:

10-12 white washcloths OR 12 squares of white felt OR a yard of white fabric
1 cup of water
1 tablespoon of washing soda (see below for resources)

Directions for making your own color catchers:

If you’re using washcloths or felt squares cut each in half so they’re roughly 6″ by 12″
Heat the water in a big bowl (a big Pyrex glass measuring cup worked great for this!) for about a minute in the microwave. Stir in the washing soda until it’s fully dissolved.
Toss the fabric in and stir it up with a wooden spoon until all the pieces are soaked. They should all be just a bit moist, not dripping wet. If you need to, add a few more pieces of fabric to soak up the rest of the water.
Hang the pieces to dry. Stack and store the dry fabric pieces near your washing machine.

How to use your homemade Shout color catchers sheets:

Add one of your homemade color catcher sheets to any mixed laundry load. Be sure to use your regular detergent and any other additives like Oxiclean or fabric softener.

If any dye from the clothes your washing bleeds into the water, your homemade color catcher will “trap” the dye molecules and keep them from bleeding on to the lighter fabrics!
How do homemade color catcher sheets work?

I don’t know what Shout’s Color Catchers are made of, but I do know that washing soda (also known as soda ash) is used in the tie-dying process to keep the various dyes from bleeding onto one another. It’s well-known among professional textile artists that washing soda and absorbant fabric captures stray dye particles.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Color Sheet
Page 1 of 1