Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gingerbread Man Hat & Leggings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Gingerbread Man Hat & Leggings Empty
PostSubject: Gingerbread Man Hat & Leggings   Gingerbread Man Hat & Leggings EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:15 am

http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2012/10/gingerbread-man-crochet-hat-pattern.html
Run, run as fast as you can; You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man (and Woman)! Make a whole family of gingerbread men with this easy crochet pattern! Just in time for the holiday season and like my other patterns this one is FREE as well!

Materials:
- Vanna's Choice yarn in brown, red and white
- Size I (5.5mm) Crochet Hook
- 2 black buttons
- Tapestry needle

Abreviations:
Magic Ring: You can find a tutorial for the magic ring HERE
Ch = Chain
SC = Single Crochet
HDC = Half Double Crochet

Gauge: 2" across = 7 stitches, 2" height = 5.5 rows

Before starting, please follow these directions:
Start your rounds in the same stitch as your chain.
Join your rounds to the first HDC, NOT the chain.
Your last stitch should be in the stitch before your chain.

Here is part 1 of the video tutorial. It shows how to crochet rounds 1-5 of the 0-3mo size hat. I am still an amateur videographer but hopefully this will help answer any questions or confusion that you may have. Be sure to check out part 2 of the video tutorial (posted below) which shows how to stitch on the embellishments.

Gingerbread Man Crochet Hat Pattern:

Size: 0-3 months
Magic Ring, chain 1, 9 HDC in ring, join, chain 1
Round 2: Work 2 HDC into each st around, join, chain 1 (18 HDC)
Round 3: 2 HDC in first stitch, HDC in next, Repeat around, join, chain 1 (27 HDC)
Round 4: 2 HDC in first stitch, HDC in next 2, Repeat around, join, chain 1 (36 HDC)
Round 5: 2 HDC in first stitch, HDC in next 3, Repeat around, join, chain 1 (45 HDC)
Round 6 -13: HDC in each stitch around, join, chain 1 (45 HDC)
Round 14: SC in each stitch around, join, fasten off and weave in ends.

Size: 3-6 months
Round 3: 2 HDC in first stitch, HDC in next, Repeat around, join, chain 1 (27 HDC)
Round 4: 2 HDC in first stitch, HDC in next 2, Repeat around, join, chain 1 (36 HDC)
Round 5: 2 HDC in first stitch, HDC in next 3, Repeat around, join, chain 1 (45 HDC)
Round 6: 2 HDC in first stitch, HDC in next 8, Repeat around, join, chain 1 (50 HDC)
Round 7 -14: HDC in each stitch around, join, chain 1 (50 HDC)
Round 15: SC in each stitch around, join, fasten off and weave in ends.

Size: 6-12 months
Round 6: 2 HDC in first stitch, HDC in next 4, Repeat around, join, chain 1 (54 HDC)
Round 7 -15: HDC in each stitch around, join, chain 1 (54 HDC)
Round 16: SC in each stitch around, join, fasten off and weave in ends.

Size: Toddler/Preschooler
Round 6: 2 HDC in first stitch, HDC in next 4, Repeat around, join, chain 1 (54 HDC)
Round 7: HDC around, join, chain 1 (54 HDC
Round 8: 2 HDC in first stitch, HDC in next 8, Repeat around (60 HDC)
Round 9 -16: HDC in each stitch around, join, chain 1 (60 HDC)
Round 17: SC in each stitch around, join, fasten off and weave in ends.

Size: Child
Round 9: 2 HDC in first stitch, HDC in next 29, Repeat around, join, chain 1 (62 HDC)
Round 10 -18: HDC in each stitch around, join, chain 1 (62 HDC)
Round 19: SC in each stitch around, join, fasten off and weave in ends.

Size: Adult
Round 9: 2 HDC in first stitch, HDC in next 9, Repeat around, join, chain 1 (66 HDC)
Round 10 -19: HDC in each stitch around, join, chain 1 (66 HDC)
Round 20: SC in each stitch around, join, fasten off and weave in ends.

Here is part 2 of the video tutorial that explains how to make the "icing," cheeks, and mouth embellishments on the hat.
Gingerbread Cheeks:
With red yarn...
Magic Ring, chain 1, make 10 HDC inside of ring, join to first HDC, fasten off leaving tail to sew onto hat.

Gingerbread Icing:
You will want make a long series of chain and stitch them on in a wave around the hat.
For the 0-3 month size hat I chained 70 and stitched the chain on between rounds 4 and 5. You will want to make longer chains for the larger hats.

Gingerbread Leggings:
I haven't figured out a good way to calculate size for these. You will want to measure the child's leg before beginning so you know how many chains to make.

The ones pictured are too small for my 19 month old. I think they would fit a 6-12 month old. You can increase/decrease the beginning chain to make larger/smaller leggings.

Here is the pattern I used:

Chain 20, join to beginning of chain with a slip stitch, chain 1
Round 1-11: HDC in each stitch around, join, chain 1
Round 12: SC in each stitch around, join, fasten off and weave in ends.

With white yarn, chain 14 and stitch on to create "icing."

Gingerbread Woman Bow:
Chain 10, SC in second chain from hook and the rest of the way down chain, chain 1, turn
Row 2-4, SC across, chain 1, turn
at the end of row 4, continue to SC around the edges, join to first SC, fasten off and weave in ends.
Wrap yarn around the middle of the bow, tie off tightly and attach to hat.

You can download a PDF of this pattern HERE

Disclaimer: I have not had anyone but myself test these patterns. Nor have I had the opportunity to have children and adults with different head sizes try on these hats. Please be my testers! And please refrain from negative comments. If you don't like how I've written the pattern, don't use it. I am sharing it with you for free and hope to inspire you with new ideas and patterns.

*** You may make and sell products from my patterns but if you do I ask that you link back to my post. Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish photos as your own.***

Want more free patterns? Keep in touch on my Repeat Crafter Me Facebook Page for new pattern sneak peeks and when they will be available on my blog!
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Gingerbread Man Hat & Leggings Empty
PostSubject: Gingerbread Man How to Videos   Gingerbread Man Hat & Leggings EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:20 am

Hat Tutorial

Embellishments
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Gingerbread Man Hat & Leggings
Page 1 of 1