Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lip Balm Applications in Survival Situations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Lip Balm Applications in Survival Situations Empty
PostSubject: Lip Balm Applications in Survival Situations   Lip Balm Applications in Survival Situations EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:24 am

http://everyday-carry.com/post/509219639/lip-balm-applications-in-survival-situations-via
Lip Balm Applications in Survival Situations via theprepared:

1. Chapped lips
  2. In extreme cold weather, you can rub it on the exposed parts of your face. The thin layer helps prevent heat loss by limiting radiation and air convection.
  3. Lubrication for your fire bow drill, etc.
  4. It is a great fire starter! It works just like petroleum jelly. You can rub it on a piece of cloth, lint from your pocket, a cotton ball, gauze pad from your first aid kit, or even on natural tender. I always have a cotton ball or two stuffed in my match case to keep the matches from rattling around and in my little pill vial I use to carry some basic medicines.
  5. Emergency waterproofer. You can even use it to plug a small hole in your tent, poncho, or tube tent that is leaking in the rain.
  6. Rub it on a hot spot on your foot to help prevent a pending blister (lubricant).
  7. Mix it with some black ash and rub under your eyes to keep the glare down (great for desert or snowy terrain).
  8. Do the same above to camo your face for hunting, works much better than mud and is kind of water resistant.
  9. Not as good as oil, but I think it is a decent expedient rust preventitive to rub on carbon steel knives.

Editor’s Note: I know a lot of you guys probably carry chapstick and don’t even think of it as “EDC.” However, with a little creativity and resourcefulness, you can find utility in almost anything you carry. My personal favorite application of chapsticks is using the cap as a diffuser for single AAA lights. It makes a diffuse beam pattern and works like a small candle:
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Lip Balm Applications in Survival Situations
Page 1 of 1