Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DIY Braided Bead Necklace

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

DIY Braided Bead Necklace Empty
PostSubject: DIY Braided Bead Necklace   DIY Braided Bead Necklace EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 2:56 am

http://www.liveinart.org/2012/06/braided-bead-necklace-diy.html

Braided Bead Jewelry: DIY

I have recently received quite a few requests for river rock necklaces to accompany the earrings I make. I wanted to make something that could be dressed up or down, so decided to go with a Bohemian braided bead necklace and bracelet. Here's the tutorial:

Materials Needed:
3 yards of waxed linen cord
140-150 size 8/o seed beads (I actually use size 11/o seed beads, but they're really little)
a 10-13mm 2-hole button or necklace clasp
scissors

Directions:
1. Cut the waxed linen cord into three 24" pieces. Align three ends, create a loop around your finger, and secure with a knot.

2. Place a tack through the loop and pin it to your work surface.

3. Start braiding the strands. After braiding one inch, begin to braid in the beads. Thread a bead onto the outer left strand. Push the bead against the base of the braid, and cross the left strand over the middle. Thread another bead onto the outer right strand. Push it to the base of the braid and cross over. Keep a finger at the base of the braid, holding the beads in their place and keeping the braid tight. Continue threading on beads before crossing over each strand.

4. Braid in a pendant, as desired. Then, finish the necklace with another inch of braided cord, measuring it around your neck to be sure it's not too short or long. Tie a knot.

5. Thread on a two hole button – two strands through one hole and one strand through another. Secure it with a second knot. Otherwise, pull your thread through a necklace claps and secure with knots on either end.

6. Trim the ends.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

DIY Braided Bead Necklace
Page 1 of 1