Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Potstickers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Potstickers Empty
PostSubject: Potstickers   Potstickers EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:47 am

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1293#potstickers
PER SERVING (5 pot stickers w/ sauce): 161 calories, 0.5g fat, 786mg sodium, 35g carbs, 3g fiber, 5g sugars, 4.5g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 4*

These Asian-style pot stickers are outrageously good. Make 'em for a crowd or keep them all for yourself!

Ingredients:

For Pot Stickers
25 small square wonton wrappers (found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket with the other Asian items)
3 1/2 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash (about a pound)
1/2 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup chopped scallions
2 tbsp. light or low-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground ginger

For Dipping Sauce
2 tbsp. light or low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. sweet chili sauce

Directions:
Place squash in a large microwave-safe bowl with 1/2 cup water. Cover and microwave for 12 - 14 minutes, until squash is soft.

Meanwhile, combine ingredients for dipping sauce in a small bowl, and refrigerate until you're ready to serve the pot stickers.

Once the bowl containing the squash is cool enough to handle, drain excess water. Using a fork or potato masher, mash squash completely. Add carrots, scallions, soy sauce, garlic, salt, and ginger, and mix thoroughly. This is your filling. Set aside.

Lay two wonton wrappers flat on a clean, dry surface. Spoon approximately 1 tbsp. of the filling into the center of each wrapper. Moisten all four edges of each wrapper by dabbing your fingers in water and going over the edges smoothly. Fold the bottom left corner of each wrapper to meet the top right corner, forming a triangle and enclosing the filling. Then press firmly on the edges to seal. Set aside, and repeat with all remaining wrappers and filling.

Once all wontons are assembled, bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook wontons for 3 - 4 minutes on each side, beginning with the flat sides down, until crispy. (Between batches, remove pan from heat and re-spray with nonstick spray.)

Serve with sauce and enjoy!
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Potstickers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Potpourri Americana :: Creative Endeavors :: Recipes :: Ethnic :: Asian-
Jump to: