Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Holiday Sangria

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Holiday Sangria Empty
PostSubject: Holiday Sangria   Holiday Sangria EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:29 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I love a holiday recipe that gets the whole house smelling wonderful. This is definitely one of those. A little like mulled wine … but a little sweeter and more refreshing.

Sangria in it’s basic form is sweetened red wine with fruit. I have an awesome Autumn Sangria recipe, and this one is very similar and just uses seasonally inspired more festive fruits.

One of those is Carambola, otherwise known as starfruit. It looks sort of like a little melon and when sliced creates little 5 point star shaped pieces. It tastes like a cross between citrus and melon, but not quite as tart or sweet and it makes an excellent garnish for the holidays.Star Fruit

The other two fruits I used were raw cranberries and tangelos. I chose tangelos since they’re a little smaller than oranges and easier to add to a glass or pitcher.

In addition to spicing up your holidays, this sangria makes an unique gift for friends, neighbors or party host. All you need is a sealable jar, similar to the juice jar I have pictured.

Here’s what you’ll need …
Ingredients

2 bottles Merlot
1 bottle ginger ale
1 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
˝ tsp ground nutmeg
˝ tsp ground clove
4 to 6 oranges or tangelos
6 to 10 cinnamon sticks
1/2 bag of cranberries

Directions

In a medium pot, combine Merlot, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Let simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved.

Pour immediately into a sealed pitcher or other container. Chop apples and add them along with the cinnamon sticks to the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Add ice and ginger ale to serve.

For a more carbonated punch or mimosa, add the ginger ale to the wine after it’s cooled … then it will keep the fizz.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Holiday Sangria
Page 1 of 1