Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lumpia

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Lumpia Empty
PostSubject: Lumpia   Lumpia EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:34 am

http://www.creolecontessa.blogspot.com/2013/02/lumpia-filipino-egg-rolls.html

Lumpia (Filipino Egg Rolls) can be made in advanced, frozen and fried at a later date. You just take boneless, skinless, chicken breast, add 1-2 cups of your favorite vegetables.

I coarse grind up everything because I light the texture of the meat and it allows everything to cook much faster.

Add a little ginger, Maggi seasoning, salt and pepper and a little sesame seed oil and mix well.

Place cooked, cooled meat in the center of the spring roll wrapper. Leave about 1 inch room on each end of the wrapper so the feeling will not come out during the fry time.

Roll the spring roll up and spread a little flour water on the edge to seal it tight.

The spring rolls could be frozen at this point and fried later. But why wait for the CRUNCH!

After you fry and drain the Lumpia, I like to serve them with sweet and sour sauce or spicy Asian chili sauce.

Look inside, the grind meat texture is beautiful and they are moist and juicy, while still remaining super crunchy.

Enough already, it's time to eat, and crunch your way into the Superbowl!

Lumpia (Filipino Egg Rolls)

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: about 30 large or 50 small lumpia
Ingredients:

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 cloves garlic
1 onion, minced
1 c. grated carrots
1 c. shredded cabbage
2 cloves garlic, minced
Maggi seasoning-2 tbsp.
Oyster sauce 1 tbsp.
Sesame oil-1 tsp
Soy sauce-1 tbsp
1 tsp. celery salt
¼ tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
Spring roll wrapper
flour/water paste=equal amounts to seal rolls
Grease to fry
extra virgin olive oil to saute meat
Directions:

In a blender or food processor grind all the vegetables and chicken breast, season with all the seasonings, cook for about 4 minutes in a skillet over medium heat with a small amount of olive oil. Allow to cook for about 15 minutes.

Place about 1-3 teaspoons of cooled meat on the edge of the spring roll wrapper, depending on the size of the spring roll wrapper.

Roll up, seal with flour water paste and repeat. You can freeze Lumpia if you choose. Lay flat on tray, do not stack, allow to freeze then once frozen, place in freezer bags.

To Fry:

Heat cooking grease to 350 degrees. Fry Lumpia about 3-4 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Lumpia Empty
PostSubject: Lumpia   Lumpia EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 1:06 am

Lumpia

Ingredients
20 Lumpia Wrappers
200g Ground Beef
200g Ground Pork
1 cup Green Onion, minced
1 cup Carrot, minced
1 cup Celery, minced (same as above)
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 Egg, beaten
4 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
1⁄2 Tsp. Pepper
Salt to taste
(optional) 1 small package glass noodles, cooked (for this you will need more Wrappers)

Seal wrappers with with following mixture
1⁄4 cup flour and 1⁄4 cup water
or
1-2 beaten eggs

Preparation:
1. Brown beef and pork, until almost completely cooked. Drain fat. Cool and process in food processor or chop up into fine pieces (like Taco Bell taco meat or a little coarser) with fork.
2. Combine meats, vegetables, egg, sauces, pepper in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour for flavors to set inches I like to prepare my filling the day before so it can marinate all night.
3. Prepare wrapper (by separating) and place on a separate plate. Place 1 to 2 T of filling in the center of the wrapper.
4. Fold left edge over all the way, then bring down top and bottom, then roll the rest of the way to the right, making a roll. Looks like an egg roll when done, only thinner and longer. Seal with flour,water or egg mixture.
5. After you have assembled all the lumpia, heat your oil. Cook until golden brown, turning often, approximately 3 minutes. Then drain on paper towels.
6. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.

The wrapper packages usually have instructions for rolling the wrap. Times vary by experience and methods used.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Lumpia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Potpourri Americana :: Creative Endeavors :: Recipes :: Ethnic :: Asian-
Jump to: