Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deep Sleep Tonic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Deep Sleep Tonic Empty
PostSubject: Deep Sleep Tonic   Deep Sleep Tonic EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:32 pm

http://food-alovestory.com/2012/10/28/deep-sleep-tonic/
Try taking it an hour before bed for a night of sweet dreams and deep slumber.

Quote :
Ojas Rasayana

This "bedtime treat, " ensures a deep, restorative sleep. It makes about two servings and can be diluted in water if it is too thick for your liking.

10 almonds, soaked (8 hrs)*
1 cup whole milk (dairy, almond, rice)
2 tsp ghee
4-5 dates, preferably, medjool
8 black peppercorns
1/2 tsp each of cardamom, cinnamon
a pinch of cumin, turmeric, nutmeg

Liquefy all the ingredients, in a blender until it reaches a smooth consistency. Pour into a pot on the stove and bring to a very gentle boil. Stir and serve.

* If you haven't pre-soaked the almonds, simply blanche the almonds in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and run under cool water, then remove and discard their skins.

This makes a delicious dessert. Just stir in 1 cup yogurt after removing mixture from heat, spoon into small bowls and drizzle with maple syrup over each serving.
As this extraordinary, whole food, medicinal drink came without a name, we nicknamed it Ojas Rasayana. Here’s why:

Ojas is the Ayurveda word for deep nourishment, our underlying reserves of energy. Ojas gives patience, contentment, longevity, stamina, endurance, strength, stability. In the Autumn, when Vata dominates, Ojas is available to us through seasonal foods like root vegetables, grains, ghee, nuts and seeds, dates, raisins and sweet Autumn fruits.

Rasayana is a grand word used in many contexts, including an entire branch of Ayurveda. Generally it means rejuvenative, and more modernly, anti-aging, stress-reducing. According to Ayurvedic Dr. Vaidya Mishra, “Rasayana is the designation given to special herbs, fruits and spices, or combinations of them, that are particularly renowned for the positive influence they have on overall health, vitality and longevity.”
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Deep Sleep Tonic
Page 1 of 1