Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paprika Chicken

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Paprika Chicken Empty
PostSubject: Paprika Chicken   Paprika Chicken EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 7:24 pm

SLOW COOKER PAPRIKA CHICKEN
Slow cooker paprika chicken is such a time saver. Prepare and turn it on in the morning, and when you walk in the door, just cook some vegetables or open a bag of salad. What could be easier or cheaper than that? Save the leftovers for lunch tomorrow or a stir fry for dinner.

Put the chicken on in the morning (or even by lunchtime if you’re running late) and leave it alone to produce a tender, moist chicken. The paprika rub gives a lovely flavour throughout the meat. The juices that collect at the bottom of the slow cooker dish can be made into a gravy or used as chicken stock. The meat won’t even need carving, it will simply fall from the bones.

UPDATE :: Try cooking a whole chicken in the slow cooker with different herbs and spices for your ‘rub’. Maybe lemon zest, rosemary and a quartered lemon inside the cavity.

To help plan all your low carb meals, take a look at my recipe search and choose your breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snacks and drinks.
SLOW COOKER PAPRIKA CHICKEN
PREP TIME
10 mins
COOK TIME
6 hours
TOTAL TIME
6 hours 10 mins

Using your slow cooker, has to be the easiest way to cook a whole chicken.
Author: Libby
Recipe type: Dinners
Cuisine: Low carb; Gluten free; Paleo; Primal; Grain free; Sugar free; Banting; LCHF;
Serves: 6
INGREDIENTS
1 free range whole chicken
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs dried paprika
1 tbs curry powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp salt

INSTRUCTIONS
Mix the spices, oil and salt in a small cup.
Oil the inside of the slow cooker, place the whole chicken inside.
Pat the chicken dry with kitchen paper. This allows the spice mixture to stick to the chicken.
Spoon the spice mixture all over the whole chicken.
Turn the slow cooker on to LOW for 6-8 hours of HIGH for 4-6 hours. All slow cookers vary, so please check the instructions that come with your slow cooker.
Always test the chicken at its thickest part to confirm it is thoroughly cooked. I push a skewer into the breast and drumstick, to make sure the liquid that drains off is clear.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Paprika Chicken
Page 1 of 1