Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chipotle Shredded Beef {Insta Pot}

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Chipotle Shredded Beef {Insta Pot} Empty
PostSubject: Chipotle Shredded Beef {Insta Pot}   Chipotle Shredded Beef {Insta Pot} EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 4:05 pm

http://www.tasteandtellblog.com/chipotle-shredded-beef-instant-pot/

Prep time
20 mins
Cook time
1 hour 10 mins
Total time
1 hour 30 mins

Tender and flavorful, this pressure cooker Chipotle Shredded Beef has just the right amount of spice and is perfect for tacos or burritos. And you can’t beat the cooking time!
Author: Deborah
Serves: 4-5 cups
Ingredients
3 lb beef chuck roast
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 chipotle in adobo, chopped (seeds removed for less heat)
1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from the chipotle with adobo can)
2 teaspoons dried cumin
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon chili powder
1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
1 onion, peeled and quartered
1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into large chunks
1 cup water
Instructions
Salt and pepper the roast generously.
Press sauté on the Instant Pot and add the olive oil. Brown the roast on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side, or until completely browned.
If needed, remove the roast and drain any oil or fat. Place the roast back into the pot and spread the chipotle pepper and adobo sauce on top of the meat. Then sprinkle with the cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Sprinkle the cilantro over the top. Add the onions and bell pepper. Pour the water around the edges of the roast in the pot.
Close the pressure cooker select high pressure for 60 minutes. When it’s done and it beeps, turn the cooker off and use natural pressure to release. When the valve drops, remove the lid.
Remove the meat from the Instant Pot and let it rest for 5 minutes. Discard the veggies, reserving the liquid.
Shred the meat with 2 forks and return to the pot and stir into the liquid. Keep warm over low heat until ready to use
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Chipotle Shredded Beef {Insta Pot} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chipotle Shredded Beef {Insta Pot}   Chipotle Shredded Beef {Insta Pot} EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 4:18 pm

Chipotle's Barbacoa Copycat Recipe
By Golden Nugget Gourmet 4.61 (47)
TOTAL TIME
6hrs 20mins
PREP 20 MINS
COOK 6 HRS

That's right now you can make barbacoa as good as Chipotle's at home! Perfecting this recipe started as a bet... while my husband Scott and his good friend Steve were enjoying one of their many grad school barbacoa lunches from Chipotle, Steve made the comment, "I don't think even Jan could make it this good." Oh, the challenge was on! I searched the web and found several recipes claiming to be the real deal but I decided to base mine off a copycat recipe I found on Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Recipes. So how did it come out? Let's just say Steve ate his words and several of these burritos Smile Heads up, you'll need a crockpot for this one.
INGREDIENTS Nutrition

SERVINGS 8 UNITS US
1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
4 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
4 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3⁄4 cup chicken broth
3 bay leaves
3 tablespoons lime juice
3 -4 chipotle chiles in adobo
4 -5 lbs chuck roast

DIRECTIONS

To make the adobo sauce combine vinegar, limejuice, chipotles, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt and cloves in a blender or processor on high speed until smooth.
Remove most of the fat from the roast and then cut into large chunks (approximately 6).
Pour oil into a frying pan and sear all sides of roast on medium-high heat until browned.
Place meat into Crockpot and pour adobo sauce over meat.
Pour in the chicken broth and add bay leaves.
Cook on high heat 6 hours or on low all day.
While still in the Crockpot, shred the meat with two forks and turn the heat to warm. Serve with hard or soft tortilla shells when ready.
Typical sides include tortillas, rice, black or pinto beans, cheese, pico de gallo, guacamole, and sour cream.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1