Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Natural Vapor Rub

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Natural Vapor Rub Empty
PostSubject: Natural Vapor Rub   Natural Vapor Rub EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 4:44 am

Natural Vapor Rub Recipe
This is the recipe I use for adults – feel free to substitute any of the essential oils above if you have them on hand, just don’t use more than 3 drops of cinnamon leaf or 12 drops of expeller-pressed lemon. For kid-safe recipes, scroll below.

12 drops eucalyptus, rosemary or peppermint*
12 drops lavender or tea tree
12 drops fir needle, spruce or pine
2 tablespoons shea butter
*If you’re pregnant or nursing, here are some additional guidelines for essential oil use

Instructions

In a double boiler (or a stainless steel bowl set in side a pot of boiling water), gently melt shea butter. As soon as it is completely melted, remove it from heat and stir in the essential oils. Transfer the mixture to a container with a tight fitting lid and store in a cool area when not in use.

Natural Vapor Rub Recipe (Kid Version)
I’ve written before about why and how to dilute essential oils for daily use. However, during times of illness or injury it’s appropriate to use higher concentrations than we normally would. Below are some guidelines that will help you choose what’s best for your littles.

Vapor Rub (1% dilution)

This dilution is the recommended starting point for kids 2-5. However, it is appropriate to go up to 3% for short periods of time as needed.

1 drop thyme ct. linalol, lavender, juniper berry, fir needle, pine or fragonia
1 drop frankincense or cinnamon leaf
2 drops cedarwood, rosalina, spruce or sweet marjoram
2 drops sweet orange, lemon, or tea tree
Vapor Rub (2-3% dilution)

This dilution is the recommended starting point for kids 6-9. However, it is appropriate to go up to 6% for short periods of time as needed.

2-3 drops thyme ct. linalol, lavender, juniper berry, fir needle, pine or fragonia
2-3 drop frankincense or cinnamon leaf
4-5 drops cedarwood, rosalina, spruce or sweet marjoram
4-5 drops sweet orange, lemon, or tea tree
Vapor Rub (6% dilution)

This is the strongest dilution suggested for kids 6-9.

6 drops thyme ct. linalol, lavender, juniper berry, fir needle, pine or fragonia
6 drops frankincense or cinnamon leaf
12 drops cedarwood, rosalina, spruce or sweet marjoram
12 drops sweet orange, lemon, or tea tree
Instructions

In a double boiler (or a stainless steel bowl set in side a pot of boiling water), gently melt shea butter. As soon as it is completely melted, remove it from heat and stir in the essential oils. Transfer the mixture to a container with a tight fitting lid and store in a cool area when not in use.

What if my child is under two years old?
According to a clinical aromatherapist I posed this question to, the best approach is to diffuse essential oils for this age group. Here’s a recipe you can adapt based on what you have on hand.

Ingredients

2 drops thyme ct. linalol, lavender, juniper berry, or fir needle
2 drops frankincense or cinnamon leaf
3 drops cedarwood, tea tree or sweet marjoram
3 drops sweet orange or lemon
Instructions

Diffuse oils as needed. A good rule of thumb is 30-60 minutes on, one hour off, then repeat if desired. Another option is to place the oils in an inhaler to take on-the-go.

https://www.mommypotamus.com/vapor-rub/
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Natural Vapor Rub
Page 1 of 1