Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello it's me

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DracoDirk

DracoDirk

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Hello it's me Empty
PostSubject: Hello it's me   Hello it's me EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 1:44 am

Wow, yet another introduction thread Razz

Ok, I'll start. My name is Mike. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area of California USA. I will turn 40 this year and work full time as a database software engineer. Graduated college from UC Berkeley in 1992, GO BEARS!!!

I have been an online gamer for years. Back in my college days I was introduce to M.U.Ds (Multi-User Dungeons). My computer science classes were on Sun Sparc stations, UNIX based stuff. I saw some people playing a text adventure and once I hit the keyboard, I was hooked. I had only played solo games up to that point on PC's, it was nothing compared to what I would experience online (before Netscape and the internet explosion!!!). The last MUD I played was GRIMNE Mud, based out of Norway, which I played for 5~6 years long after I had graduated from college. One day one of the guys said hey let's try this King of Chaos game and be a team. I liked that game, with the simplicity of it all. What I didn't like was the magnitude of cheating that the game had. One of the guys said hey, there's this Lords of Legend thingy and we all came here to play in the same clan. Over a short period of time everyone left but me. I remained.

Back in my early days on Lords of Legend, I played in Knights in Union for a couple of rounds, then I multi-playered and was in Total Recall along with Hydra's. Total Recall was a royal bust. The leader disappeared and left me with the star in a dead clan. There were only about 4~5 of us left active in the clan at that point. Over in the Hydra's we were having more success. I was voted in as the Hydra leader for the next round and brought over the players from Total Recall and the Hydra's jumped from #30 in the rankings to #5 the next round. We were on the scene, alive, never to look back.

Outside of Lords of Legend, I enjoy spending time with my neices and nephew. The oldest is graduating from High School this year and she's pretty excited about it being all over now.

I am single, sometimes thats good sometimes it's not so good. But I would rather be single than unhappily married in a heart beat!!! Needless to say I still occasionally do the dating thing.

The pride of my life is my cat Einstein. Quite a smart cat. He has me royally trained and under his paw for sure:lol:. I wouldn't have it any other way actually.
Back to top Go down
Nyissa

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Hello it's me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello it's me   Hello it's me EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 8:35 am

For some reason I can't pîcture you with a cat called Einstein hun :p So pictures? *grin*
Back to top Go down
DracoDirk

DracoDirk

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Hello it's me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello it's me   Hello it's me EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 3:22 pm

I just turned 5 at my job and as an award I picked out a new digital camera. It's cool, fits in a pocket and is 7.1megapixel. So, when I get it I will snap a pic of Einstein and upload it to the site Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello it's me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello it's me   Hello it's me Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello it's me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Potpourri Americana :: Introductions :: Old Friends from Lords of Legends-
Jump to: