Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Applesauce Gingerbread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Applesauce Gingerbread Empty
PostSubject: Applesauce Gingerbread   Applesauce Gingerbread EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:57 pm

A camping recipe from neilzp. An old, easy recipe - just forgotten by today's campers.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients:

* 1 box gingerbread mix
* eggs
* oil
* water
* #2.5 can or jar of applesauce
* 2 #10 cans (restaurant size) to cook in,
* in the coals

Preparation:
Grease or lightly butter insides of the clean, #10 cans. Open the applesauce and divide between the buttered cans. Mix the gingerbread according to package instructions. Divide batter by gently spooning into the two #10 cans atop the applesauce. Cover tops with foil and place in stirred, even coals after dinner is cooked. After about 15 minutes check to see if gingerbread is nicely raised and steamy. At this point, if you're not ready to serve, leave a little edge open so some steam can escape, unless it needs to keep cooking. When ready to eat dessert, simply spoon portions with hot applesauce and cake onto plates or bowls.

Servings: 6-8
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Applesauce Gingerbread
Page 1 of 1