Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hiking Burrito

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Hiking Burrito Empty
PostSubject: Hiking Burrito   Hiking Burrito EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:00 pm

A camping recipe from David and Aimee. This has become one of our regular staples on the trail. This meal is a welcome variety to dehydrated and bland pre-packaged foods. You may also use tortillas to make breakfast burritos as well. If you like burritos, then you will, like us, come to believe that these ROCK on the trail.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients:

* 1 can refried beans, your favorite
* burrito seasoning, as desired
* fresh diced onion
* shredded cheese
* diced peppers ,as desired
* any other toppings, as desired
* your favorite tortillas

Preparation:
The preparation begins at home before the trip. We cut our onions and other desired toppings, add our favorite seasonings, then place the contents in a Ziploc bag. Tip: Remove all the air from the Ziploc before putting into your pack.

To prepare: Boil enough water to cover 2/3 of the Ziploc bag. Place the Ziploc bag in the boiling water until it reaches the desired temperature (less depending on degree of hunger). We hold the bag in the boiling water for about two minutes. Then we turn off the stove and allow the bag to remain in the hot water for a few more minutes. Tortillas, kept in a sealed bag, may also be softened in the hot water. Then we serve our burritos on the trail. It is a FAST, easy meal to prepare. The hot water can be used for cleaning, making hot chocolate, hot water bottles, rehydrating other meals, or drinking. No mess and a great meal.

Servings: 2 - 4

Warning: Boiling Ziploc Baggies May Be Toxic
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Hiking Burrito
Page 1 of 1