Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Biscuit on a Stick

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Biscuit on a Stick Empty
PostSubject: Biscuit on a Stick   Biscuit on a Stick EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:11 pm

A camping recipe from Joe Adams. About ten years ago one of my camping buddies pulled a can of biscuits out of his cooler one cold camping morning and introduced us to this great and simple culinary miracle. A can of Hungry Jack buttermilk biscuits has been a staple in my cooler ever since.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients:

* 1 can biscuits
* squeeze butter
* 1 stick

Preparation:
Roll out a biscuit with your hands so that it becomes elongated and about one inch thick at the center. Wrap it tightly around the end of your stick and pinching it as you go to insure that it stays on the stick while cooking. When done wrapping, the biscuit should take up about six inches of the stick. Heat over the campfire until golden brown. Pull it off the stick, pour butter down the hole left by the stick, and enjoy.

Variation sent in by Chris Moore. The way I like it is to pour butter around the outside of the biscuit and sprinkle sugar on it, then pour your favorite jelly inside. It is very messy, but very good.

Servings: 2 - 5
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Biscuit on a Stick
Page 1 of 1