Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crochet hook case

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Crochet hook case Empty
PostSubject: Crochet hook case   Crochet hook case EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:21 am

Our felted crochet hook case features a lacy, un-felted crocheted panel in a contrasting color, an ingenious device to organize your crochet hook collection in style.

PDF Instructions

(If you can’t open this PDF file you need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Get it here.)

FINISHED MEASUREMENTS

Approximately 7” wide x 12” long (after felting)

MATERIALS

1 Ball BERROCO ULTRA ALPACA (100 grs), #6231 Saddle Brown (MC) and 1 ball #6286 Verdigris Mix (CC)

Crochet hooks, sizes 4.50 mm (G) and 11.5 mm (P) OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE

Matching sewing thread and sewing needle

One 1” button

GAUGE

20 dc’s = 10” with 2 strands of MC held tog using size 11.5 mm (P) crochet hook

TO SAVE TIME, TAKE TIME TO CHECK GAUGE

BODY

With larger crochet hook, using 2 strands of MC held tog, ch 22. Dc in 3rd ch from hook and in each ch across – 20 dc’s. Turn.

Row 2: Ch 3, dc in each dc across. Turn. Rep Row 2 until body measures approximately 17” from beg. Fasten off.

Felt body in washing machine, using hot water, until piece measures approximately 7” wide x 12” long. You may have to put it through the cycle more than once. Remove from washer and flatten, pulling into shape.

CLUSTER SECTION

With smaller crochet hook, using one strand CC, ch 10. Dc in 3rd ch from hook, skip 2 ch’s, 5 dc’s in next ch (shell made), skip 2 ch’s, dc in last 2 ch’s. Turn.

Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc), dc in next dc, skip dc’s, 5 dc’s in center dc of shell, skip 2 dc’s, dc in each of the last 2 dc’s. Turn. Rep Row 2 until piece measures 12” from beg (or length of felted body). Fasten off.

FINISHING

Sew cluster section down center of felted body with sewing needle and thread.

Buttonloop: With smaller crochet hook, join one strand CC in end of cluster section. Chain 8, join with a sl st in end of cluster section. Fasten off. Roll felted body loosely with cluster section on the inside. Mark placement of button on outside of felted body opposite buttonloop. Sew on button.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Crochet hook case
Page 1 of 1