Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fajita

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Fajita Empty
PostSubject: Fajita   Fajita EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:53 am

A camping recipe from Chris. The smoke from the campfire along with the liquid smoke make for a very unique (and quite delicious) combo. Save your leftovers for on tomorrow's hike!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients:

* 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 1 large green bell pepper
* 1 large red bell pepper
* 1 medium yellow onion
* 5 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
* 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
* 1 tablespoon dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
* 1 lime
* 2 tablespoons Butter
* flour tortillas
* Guacamole
* sour cream
* shredded cheese

Preparation:
At home: Slice chicken into 2-3 inch strips, place in a large zipper bag, add olive oil, garlic, liquid smoke and spices, and refrigerate. De-seed and core the peppers, slice them into 2-3 inch strips as well, then do the same with the onion. Place all of these together in an air-tight container and refrigerate.

At camp: Get a hot fire going and place the chicken across the campfire grate. While the chicken is cooking, in a large skillet melt the butter and add the vegetables. saute over medium heat, until the onions become translucent. Combine everything in a flour tortilla and enjoy!

Servings: 4

I never grill, but I recently put together a group camp out and was in charge of the cooking for supper and breakfast. I used this recipe and it turned out WONDERFUL!! I had several requests for the recipe and everyone complimented it. The only thing I did different was, because I cut the chicken up into smaller strips, they would fall through the grill grate, so I finished cooking them in the cast iron skillet that we cooked the peppers and onions in. These fajitas turned out sooooo good!! The marinade was out of this world, and I'm sure could be used with steak and shrimp as well.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Fajita
Page 1 of 1