Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to Make Ginger Root Herbal Tincture

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

How to Make Ginger Root Herbal Tincture Empty
PostSubject: How to Make Ginger Root Herbal Tincture   How to Make Ginger Root Herbal Tincture EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:14 am

Ginger root herbal tincture can be prepared using the fresh root or the dried root. Herbal tinctures are medicines created to prolong the life of the medicinal benefits of an herb. Tinctures can be stored at room temperature for several years. Ginger root herbal tincture is used to treat the following health conditions:

Arthritis
Cholesterol
Colds
Digestion
Fibromyalgia
Gout
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Nausea

Difficulty:
Easy

Instructions
Chop 1/2 cup fresh ginger root or 1/4 cup dried ginger root. The root can be chopped using a food processor or a coffee grinder.
Place the ginger root into a sterile wide mouth glass jar with a lid.
If you used fresh ginger root, add 1 cup of vodka to the jar.
If you used dried ginger root, add 2/3 cup of vodka and 1/3 cup of water to the jar.
Seal the jar with the lid. Label the jar with the contents and date of preparation.
Shake the jar well each day for 2 weeks.
At the end of 2 weeks, strain the ginger root from the herbal tincture using cheese cloth.
Place the herbal tincture in a dark colored glass bottle with a dropper. Label the bottle "ginger root tincture" and with the date of preparation.
The adult dose of ginger root herbal tincture is 3 ml added to warm water as needed.
Ginger root herbal tincture will last several years.

Read more: How to Make Ginger Root Herbal Tinctures: Recipe and Uses | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5240502_make-herbal-tinctures_-recipe-uses.html
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

How to Make Ginger Root Herbal Tincture
Page 1 of 1