Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Basic whole wheat bread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Basic whole wheat bread Empty
PostSubject: Basic whole wheat bread   Basic whole wheat bread EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:13 am

Basic whole wheat bread
Heat 4 cups milk (rehydrated dry or fresh)
Soften 4 T. dry yeast in ¾ c. warm water
Add ¼ c. honey to warm milk, along with 1/3 c. oil or melted shortening
Add 2 t. salt and 2 eggs.
Beat well, then as milk cools to lukewarm, gently add yeast.
Add about 14 c. fresh whole wheat flour, one cup at a time, mixing after each. When nearly stiff, mix with hands, incorporating just enough flour to make an elastic, workable ball of dough. Don’t stop if it’s sticky, and don’t get it too stiff. Knead on a floured board for 10 minutes. Grease a large mixing bowl, place ball into bowl, and grease top. Pull ball out and put back in, greased top up. Cover with a warm, damp kitchen towel and let rise in warm place until about double. Knock down and let rise again. Divide into 2 or 3 loaves and place into greased bread pans. Preheat oven to 350º. When loaves are nearly doubled in size, place in oven and bake for about 35 minutes until tops are golden brown. Grease tops with margarine to soften. Enjoy the best bread you’ve ever tasted.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Basic whole wheat bread
Page 1 of 1