Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Half-time spoon rolls

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Half-time spoon rolls Empty
PostSubject: Half-time spoon rolls   Half-time spoon rolls EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:15 am

Half-time spoon rolls
Dissolve 2 t. dry yeast in ½ c. warm water, and set aside.
Combine 1/3 c. shortening, ¼ c. of sugar or honey, 1 t. salt with ¾ c. hot milk (reconstituted dry or fresh). Cool to lukewarm by adding ½ c. cold water. Add 1 egg (or equivalent reconstituted dry) and softened yeast. Mix in 3½ c. sifted flour. Cover in same bowl, letting rise in a warm place till doubled. Stir dough with greased spoon. With an ice cream scoop (works easiest) dip sticky batter into greased muffin tins, filling half full. Let rise and bake at 375º until golden brown. Remove from oven and brush margarine on top to soften nicely. I promise raves from this one. And you can modify it easily. With the addition of just a little more flour (about ½ c.), the dough will be firm enough to handle lightly, which makes forming hamburger buns on a greased cookie sheet easy, or forming into caramel rolls, cinnamon rolls, or coffee cake.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Half-time spoon rolls
Page 1 of 1