Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Homemade spiced chai blend

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Homemade spiced chai blend Empty
PostSubject: Homemade spiced chai blend   Homemade spiced chai blend EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 5:51 pm

Chai means spiced tea. Though originally from Asia, these days, it can be found in most North American tea shops.

3/4 cup green cardamom
2 tbsp black peppercorns
3 tbsp cloves
3 tbsp ground ginger
2 star anise
4 small (3-in.) sticks of cinnamon
4 spice containers (available at most dollar stores)
4 tea strainers
ribbon
4 custom masala-chai gift tags

Combine all spices in a bowl. Add spice mixture by the spoonful into a spice grinder or coffee mill. Grind in batches until blend reaches a powder-like consistency.

Divide chai spice into 4 individual containers and seal. Attach a tea strainer and bow to each container, and your gift is ready!

To really dress it up, attach one of the frugalista's masala-chai gift tags to each, which include the recipe for traditional chai tea.

Note: A little spice goes a long way, and the longer you let it steep, the more flavourful your tea will be. Chai spice is also delicious in cookies, rice pudding, cakes and more!
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Homemade spiced chai blend
Page 1 of 1