Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Opera Fudge

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Opera Fudge Empty
PostSubject: Opera Fudge   Opera Fudge EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:41 pm

http://www.marthastewart.com/330200/opera-fudge?center=276958&gallery=275140&slide=259615

This recipe for opera fudge comes courtesy of Rose Richard.
The Martha Stewart Show, April Spring 2007

Yield Makes 3 pounds
Ingredients

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, room temperature, plus more for baking sheet
4 cups granulated sugar
2 cups light cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 pound unsweetened baking chocolate
1/2 ounce food paraffin

Directions

Butter a rimmed baking sheet; set aside.
Mix sugar and cream together in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan. Place over medium-low heat and bring to a boil. Add butter, and cook, without stirring, until mixture reaches 240 degrees on a candy thermometer, 50 to 60 minutes.
Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Let cool 2 hours. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in vanilla. Using your hands, begin to pull and press the mixture. Keep pulling and kneading mixture until it lightens in color, loses its shine, and no longer sticks to your fingers, 15 to 45 minutes. Roll mixture into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Place on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate until firm and cold, about 10 minutes.
In a heatproof bowl set over (but not touching) simmering water, melt chocolate and food paraffin, stirring until smooth and well combined. Using a toothpick, dip each ball into chocolate mixture, and return to baking sheet. Refrigerate until fudge is chilled and chocolate has set, about 30 minutes. Bring to room temperature before serving.

Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Opera Fudge
Page 1 of 1