Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paper Pulp plant poker

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Paper Pulp plant poker Empty
PostSubject: Paper Pulp plant poker   Paper Pulp plant poker EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Paper Pulp Plant Pokes

http://www.allfreecrafts.com/recycling-crafts/pokes.shtml#list

by Twila Lenoir

This is a great gift for Mom along with a plant you grew yourself. Just get some dirt, a flower seed or a plant cutting, and a paper cup. Even if the plant hasn't come up yet Mom will still know it is on the way.

Paper Pulp Plant Pokes

Supplies:

toilet paper

hot water

candy molds or other suitable molds

popsicle sticks or craft sticks

tiny bit of paint

sealer

Paper Pulp Plant Pokes

For each plant poke, you will need to make two molds that are mirror images of each other so that you can glue them together.

Take a long strip of toilet paper and fold it so that you can hold it in your hand. Cut this this into thin strips.

Add the toilet paper strips to a bowl of hot water. Stir it with a popsicle stick until it is the consistency of mud.

Lift the pulp and let the excess water drain off. Press the pulp into the molds, letting extra water drain off. Keep adding pulp and pressing it into the mold until it reaches the top.

Set the molds under a work light or a very sunny place and let them dry completely. For me, the molds dried out under a work light in one day.

Pop out one of the molded shapes and glue to the top of a popsicle or craft stick. Glue the mirror image mold onto the back of the popsicle stick and onto its matching mold, so that the popsicle stick is sandwiched in between the two molded shapes.

Paint your creation with acrylic paint and let the paint dry. Finally, finish with a gloss sealer to protect it from moisture damage.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Paper Pulp plant poker
Page 1 of 1