Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crochet - Baby bootie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Crochet - Baby bootie Empty
PostSubject: Crochet - Baby bootie   Crochet - Baby bootie EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 5:12 pm

http://patternsforcrochets.info/2011/09/23/baby-bootie-crochet-pattern/

Baby Bootie Crochet Pattern

What is more rewarding in the world than having your baby dressed in an outfit that has been specially crocheted by yourself like booties or cute sweaters. The Art of Crochet you will find is the easiest of all crafts to learn, even for total beginners of using yarn. It takes just an evening to crochet booties and a matching sweater for baby will take a weekend.

Baby Booties

To make the baby booties just require the basic stitches of : chain stitch (cs), dec (pull up the loop of the next 2 stitches, pull the yarn over then through both of the loops on the hook), and single crochet (SC).

1 Get some worsted weight yarn, equip yourself with a size H hook hook, and start by 5 CS (Chain Stitch). Turn and SC for 3 chains, 5 SC astatine the end chain, one SC in bottom loop at each of the next 3 SC stitches. The end chain is then 5 SC to turn the corner.

2 Now 5 SC, two SC in the next stitch; repeat 2 SC in the next stitch, repeat again, 5 SC, 2 SC in the next stitch, SC, 2 SC in the next stitch, SC, and 2 SC in the next stitch.

3 8 SC, 2 SC in the next stitch, 5 SC, 2 SC in the next, 8 SC, 2 SC in the next, 5 SC, and 2 SC in the next.

4 and 5 Even crochet with no increases for these next 2 rounds. Notice the sole as it begins to curve upwards. Once you have done the second round, turn.

6 SC for 5 SC, dec, 3 SC, dec, 5 SC, then turn.

7 SC for 3 SC, dec, 1 SC, dec, 3 SC, then turn.

8 SC for 1 SC, dec, dec, 1 SC, then turn.

9 and 10 SC in each SC, again continuing the rounds, dec one at either side of the top of the bootee for the next two rounds.

11, 12 and 13 Work these 3 rounds evenly, and finish by fastening off.

Repeat, to make the second bootie.

You can, if you wish, put a design on top of the baby booties such as an embroidered flower.

The booties can be crocheted in many different colors of your choice as they are so simple to make, so that you have a collection.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Crochet - Baby bootie
Page 1 of 1