Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wood Floors

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Wood Floors Empty
PostSubject: Wood Floors   Wood Floors EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:29 am

Use boiling water and two teabags to clean hardwood floors. The tannic acid in tea creates a beautiful shine for hardwood floors. Let two teabags steep in the boiling water for a few minutes. Pour the tea into a bucket. Take a soft cloth and wring it out in the tea. The cloth merely needs to be damp, not soaked. This will enable the floor to dry quickly. Wash the floor and be ready to be amazed by the sheen.

Comments:
  • I sell hardwood flooring and water is the absolute worst thing for your floor. Whether it is a prefinished floor or a 'sand & finish'. We never recommend a water based cleaner. Water damages the wood by penetrating anywhere it can. It will slowly damage the finish over time and can even warp the wood. Use an alchol based cleaner. Alcohol dries quicker than water thereby saving the finish. If your floor looks that bad, chances are you need to have it refinished or replace it.
  • For an easy and cheap floor cleaning alternative try mixing 1/2 cup of white vinegar to 1 gallon of warm water. This method of using vinegar to clean hardwood floors is an easy and safe solution to keeping your floor looking it’s best.Damp mopping of course as alot of water is not good for the wood flooring.
  • I wonder if this will work on floating floors. I usually use hot water with 1/2 cup of the cheapest window cleaner added and then wring out the mop/cloth as well as I can inbetween cleaning sections... No water marks and a great finish but the I can see that the tea bags could had a little color stain to scratched marks.. and therefore make the floor appear shinie... but I will try this and see.
  • I tried this and ended up staining my mop! But it did leave the wooden floors nice and shiny - vinegar also works well, I add a few drops of essential oil to the mix as well.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Wood Floors
Page 1 of 1