Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Juicing combo's

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Juicing combo's Empty
PostSubject: Juicing combo's   Juicing combo's EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:30 am

http://skinnyms.com/15-fab-juices-for-fasting-and-detoxification/

15 Fab Juices for Fasting and Detoxification

Fresh fruit juices are a great way to satisfy a sweet tooth and get your daily nutrients. Adding juices made from whole, natural fruits and vegetables to your diet in the morning, for lunch or a mid-day snack and even as an after-dinner treat helps keep you healthy, but don’t forget that fruit still contains sugar so don’t over do it.

You can have a juice any time of day for a pick-me-up but just remember that in order to lose weight you have to create a calorie deficit of about 500 calories a day. While some juices can be high in calories, they are still healthy and delicious! Below are our picks for the top 15 juice combos. If you don’t have a juicer or a Vitamix, a blender will do just fine.

Watch this short video to learn how to turn a simple blender into a juicer:

Mix together the following fruits/vegetables in equal parts with ice in a 2:1 ratio (2 parts juice, 1 part ice).

Top 5 Fruit Juices
Apple and Pear
Apple, Pear & Pineapple
Orange and Grapefruit
Apple and Watermelon
Cranberry, Grape and Prune

Top 5 Green Juices
Celery, Spinach, Tomato & Dill*
Celery, Spinach, Cabbage, Dill & Lemon*
Spinach, Tomato, Garlic, Ginger & Cayenne*
Celery, Kale, Tomato, Garlic & Sweet Basil*
Cucumber, Parsley, Celery & Ginger*

Top 5 Combination Juices
Green Apple, Strawberry, Cucumber, Kale & Mint*
Pineapple, Watermelon, Mango & Orange Bell Pepper
Orange, Lemon, Lime & Ginger*
Pineapple, Orange, Watermelon, Spinach & Cayenne*
Blueberry, Raspberry, Cabbage, Cucumber & Mint*

*Use just a touch of dill, lemon, cayenne, sweet basil, ginger and mint.

Health Benefits
The combinations of fruit and vegetables listed above offer a variety of health benefits, and when combined these superfoods pack a powerful nutritional punch. For example, cucumber alone helps cleanse the body, specifically the kidneys while parsley offers mild diuretic properties. The alkaline fluid of watermelon neutralizes acids and flushes toxins out of the kidneys. So for a whole body cleanse, a juice that contains a combination of cucumber, watermelon and parsley along with a touch of ginger provides a total detoxification of some of your most important elimination organs, and it tastes fantastic! These juices also act as a blood cleanser, and offer sustained energy plus a metabolic boost to support weight loss goals.

Why Juice?
If you are trying to cut calories, hunger can be a challenging obstacle. A short juice fast (1 day) can help train your body and mind to consume less food, and fewer calories. However, many people are unaware that store-bought juices do not contain all the nutrients you’d hope would be in fruit or vegetable juice. Bottled juices must be pasteurized in order to stay on the shelf. Because the shelf life of fresh juice is short, the pasteurization process allows the juice to remain in stores until it reaches the consumer but it also loses all of the important nutrients , leaving behind only sugar and flavor. That’s no good, so you want to be sure that if you are doing a short juice fast, or just substituting a meal that you make the juice that day.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Juicing combo's Empty
PostSubject: How to Make Mean Green Juice with a blender   Juicing combo's EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:31 am

Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Juicing combo's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Potpourri Americana :: Creative Endeavors :: Recipes :: Drinks-
Jump to: