Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mediterranean Chicken Bake

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Mediterranean Chicken Bake Empty
PostSubject: Mediterranean Chicken Bake   Mediterranean Chicken Bake EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 6:49 pm

http://www.marthastewart.com/904214/mediterranean-chicken-bake

When searing the chicken for this flavorful potluck dish, work in batches to avoid crowding the pan. Crowding creates steam that will make the crispy skin soggy. This recipe comes from TV chef Sarah Mastracco.

The Martha Stewart Show, May 2012

Yield Serves 6

Ingredients

3 tablespoons olive oil
Two (3 1/2-to 4-pound) chickens, each cut into 10 pieces
1/3 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup red-wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
1 cup pitted dates, halved
6 sprigs fresh thyme
1/2 cup pitted green olives
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1 pint cherry tomatoes
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper; working in batches, add chicken to skillet, skin-side down, and cook until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Turn chicken and cook 3 minutes more. Transfer to a large baking dish.

Drain oil from pan and return to medium heat. Add white wine to deglaze and use a wooden spoon to scrape up browned bits from bottom of pan. Whisk in red-wine vinegar, mustard, light-brown sugar, and dates; simmer until reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes.

In a medium bowl, mix together remaining tablespoon olive oil, thyme, olives, capers, and cherry tomatoes; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Evenly distribute olive mixture over chicken and top with pan sauce. Transfer to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, 55 to 65 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.

Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1