Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frozen Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Frozen Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie Empty
PostSubject: Frozen Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie   Frozen Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:19 am

http://dashingdish.com/recipe/frozen-reeses-peanut-butter-pie/

My sisters and I are about 3 years apart in age, and we have a lot in common…although there is one thing that ‘bonds’ us in a downright silly way…(to the point that we act like 5th graders when it’s around!) That one thing is Peanut Butter!!! I’m not really sure what started this ‘peanut butter’ phenomenon between the three of us, but my bet is that it had something to do with the rich chocolate peanut butter cake my mom used to make for our birthday when we were growing up!

Well…The years of eating a huge slice of cake (with endless amounts of saturated fat) eventually must come to an end… (lets consider the health of our hearts here people…not just calories!) However, the desire to have a traditional birthday celebration (and the cake that comes with it) never dies, no matter how old your turning! Which is why I created this simple, yet oh so satisfying Reese’s style frozen pie!
Method

The estimated total time to make this recipe is 4-6 hours or overnight.

Ingredients
1 (8 oz) Package fat-free cream cheese
1/2 cup Creamy OR crunchy peanut butter 1
1/2 cup Baking stevia OR 1 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar 2
1/4 cup skim milk (or milk of choice)
1 (8oz) Container Light Cool Whip
1 Pre-made Oreo pie crust OR reduced fat graham cracker pie crust
3 tbs Light Hershey’s Syrup
Optional Toppings: Reese’s Ice Cream toppers (a few Tbs), Reese’s miniature candies (a few crushed up), crushed peanuts, 100 calorie Nutter Butter cookies (crushed up), Reddi Whip

1 You may replace the peanut butter with 1/2 cup peanut flour mixed with 1/4 cup skim milk (or milk of choice), which will shave 560 calories off this recipe! The only downfall is you have to buy it online. Peanut flour is basically a de-fatted version of peanut butter and is in powder form, so once you add water, it is just like peanut butter! I use it in my protein shakes, desserts, etc. and I think it is worth purchasing.

2 I used NuNaturals More Fiber Stevia Baking Blend. If using packets of stevia, I recommend using about 8-12, or adjust according to taste.

Method

The estimated total time to make this recipe is 4-6 hours or overnight.

1 Spray a 8×8 springform pie pan with non-stick cooking spray. Remove Oreo crust from pan and re-form it in the bottom of your spring form pan, pressing it down with your hands. (You could skip this step and leave it in the original pie pan, but I enjoy the look of the taller pie).
2 Mix all ingredients together until smooth (I used my Kitchen Aid mixer, but you could do this by hand) and fold in Cool Whip until well blended.
3 Pour mixture over pie crust and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Chill for at least 4-6 hours, (or overnight). Let sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes (to soften) and add topping of choice before serving.

Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1